Hi Beloveds So I am bringing you beauties another haul from Adore Me. I love this site so much so I was thrilled when I was contacted by Adore Me to partner with them and bring you all this video. Adore me is not just a subscription service, they offer a pay-as-you-go option as well. […]
In celebration of my 3rd wedding anniversary, I thought that I would share with you beauties some of my wedding day bliss, as well as some tips for shopping for plus size wedding dress shopping. I remember the excitement and sheer fear when I first began looking for my “perfect” wedding dress. I subscribed to every wedding magazine and website that I came across. I bookmarked what seemed like hundreds of wedding dresses online and in the magazines. I was not surprised when I first hit the stores with my mother and saw that not only were there a limited amount of options for me to try on. There was also not a plethora of designers offering wedding gowns made for us plus size beauties either. I knew how I wanted to look on my wedding day and I knew that I would need to search long and hard to get exactly what I wanted. I wanted a more unconventional ball gown for my first dress and I wanted my second look to be something that was sexy and something that my husband would talk about for the rest of our lives (so far, mission accomplished). So to help any of you ladies who may be future brides, here’s a few tips when dress shopping.
- Your opinion matters the most. Please, please, pleeeease, do not fall in love with a dress only because others love it more than you do. Above all, you should feel the most beautiful in the dress and your opinion of the dress you love should matter above all.
- Research designers who sell plus size wedding dresses before you do any of your shopping and browsing. This will help you to eliminate any heartache if you find a designer whose designs you absolutely love only to find out that they don’t cater to plus size women.
- Try on as many styles as you can. You never know what you like until you try it on. This is different from regular clothing shopping. A wedding dress can give you a different look and feel.
- Pay attention to fabric and the silhouette of the dress. This can be important because certain dresses are created with thicker fabrics. For example, thicker fabrics may not be the best option for an outdoor spring and summer wedding but may be better for the fall and summer months.
- Corseted, lace up backs are a God send. If you are anything like me and didn’t lose those last 15 pounds you needed to comfortably fit into your dress. With dresses that lace up in the back, you are able to have a bit wiggle more room in the event that needs it your dress, without the hefty price tag that alterations can bring in the event your dress needs to be let out.
- If you don’t have the budget for the dress you want to try a simpler dress that you can add more extravagant accessories to such as a veil, jewelry, and/or embellished sash.
- Make Alterations to get the perfect dress for you. My second dress originally had straps. I loved everything about my dress except for the straps. I chose to have the straps removed and a sweetheart neckline created. This was easy for an experienced wedding seamstress to construct especially since it was also had a plunging v-shaped neckline.
- My last tip is to enjoy the entire wedding experience and know that you will be beautiful and wear whatever dress you choose with confidence!
Until next time beauties, stay blessed!